If there’s one place that makes you feel like time travel is possible, its Jabalpur. One of the major cities of Madhya Pradesh, it is the army headquarters of five states, namely, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Orissa, Bihar and Jharkhand, and so one sixth of the city is occupied by the Indian army. Jabalpur is situated on the banks of the river Narmada. The Narmada valley is famous for its marble rock formations and for nearly two kilometers, the river flows between these rocks that are of different colours, shapes and sizes. Jabalpur is known for hosting some of these picturesque marble rock formations along and across the banks of the river. This city is also the birthplace of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Osho Rajneesh. There are some of the sights you can expect to see:
1. Bhedaghat - Marble Rocks: About twenty-five kilometers from Jabalpur city centre is the Bhedaghat village. The marble rock formations in this village are awe inducing! Standing a hundred feet tall on either side of the river, the scene is awesome and at once serene. Sections of the white limestone are lined with black or dark green volcanic rock, which adds to the colour and beauty of the view.
2. Dhuandhar waterfalls: Located about twenty-five kilometers from the city centre is the famous Dhuandhar waterfalls. The trip to see the smoky or dhua white water is worth the visit.
3. Balancing rock: Though Jabalpur has seen earthquakes of magnitudes 6.5 on the Richter scale, one thing has remained constant, and that is the eroded volcanic rock formations.
4. Chausath Yogini: This temple hosts a lovely view of the Narmada river, and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Intricately carved stone figures belonging to the Kalchuri period bring to life this tenth century temple.
5. Rani Durgavati Memorial and Museum: Dedicated to Queen Durgavati, this museum hosts some of the most interesting prehistoric relics and a fine collection of sculptures and inscriptions.
Besides these sightseeing spots, Jabalpur is close to many national parks and is also home to many ghats such as Lameta Ghat and Tilwara Ghat. Why not take help of a reputable agency offering tour and travel in Jabalpur to access this lovely city and experience all it has to offer.
You can take help of www.alliinfonet.com to find the best agency offering tour and travel in Jabalpur and believe it or not, you will get the best satisfaction taking helping of Allinfonet.